Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Titles are hard

I feel that all art work needs a proper title.  It makes a big difference on how you look at that piece.

How many times have you seen "Untitled" art work in the museum and wondered why it's displayed there to begin with.   It gives an impression that it was just a practice art the artists never intended the world to see.

So I've decided to make 2 words title on pieces I've made.  for now.
Sometimes the words pop up and it's not a issue.  other times I think about it all day long.

I like to add a story if I had any, but often times there aren't any concrete story line to tell.  It was more a feeling or emotions that floated by at that particular moment.  gone away.  and the aftermath is the artwork.

But how about if I make up the titles first?  and then create later to go with the names I've picked.

That may be an interesting exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment