Thursday, March 10, 2016

Polymer Clay Adventure making the Luminaria Lamp

http://www.onlineartretreats.com/polymer-clay-adventure-2016-retreat/donna-greenberg-luminaria/

This was last month at PCA.  Donna Greenberg's Luminaria.
I loved it!  I want it!  I need to make it!!

So I've been on the search for the dome shaped something for the armature.
The dome bowl she used in the tutorial was an IKEA bowl. But going to Ikea is a whole day trip from where I live. 
So I naturally looked online. 

And found this!!
http://prairiecraft.com/kato/PHA-SET.html
Aluminum Hemisphere dome!  
It comes in 4 sizes and it can be baked!! yay!
I'm not sure how the rims would work, but I'll compromise.



Also got this mini tea candle.  the kind that works with battery.
Who knew such thing existed!  there's always something you learn each day.
This one actually flickers like a candle and it fits under the smaller dome. 
I got this at Amazon.


It's time to condition the clay....

To be continued.


No comments:

Post a Comment