Sunday, January 10, 2016

Polymer Clay Retreat 2016 has started!

Laurie Mika was the first instructor and this year, she has shown a way to reuse the Altoid tin cans!!!!

I have so many of them.  and have covered it in clay but it's always nice to have another way to up-cycle them.

http://www.onlineartretreats.com/polymer-clay-adventure-2016-retreat/

this is the sight to join the online retreat.  
You will be so busy that you may not get to do all the projects.

Instead of making a tiny shrine, I think I will create a memoir for my mom's chicken.
We shall see how it turns out.

what you need to do first is to distress the tin cans to erase the words and the red color.
also so it looks old.
The easiest way is to torch it.  I don't have any blow torch, so I just let it burn on the stove top.

It releases such a stink that you have to have all your windows open.
all you need to burn is a minute or 2 and it's nice and black.


I also decided to add some Swellegant to further distress it.
I happen to grab the green dye so they are greenish.


No comments:

Post a Comment