Saturday, April 22, 2017

Being abroad doesn't give you the rights to do whatever you want

Since I traveled recently,  I've met a lot of them.

Chinese tourists.....



I'm So SORRY!!!!!



I'm sorry so sorry!  really sorry

To everybody in the world, I'm truly sorry.

I like to formally apologize as a fellow Asian decedents...

I'm very sorry.

Japanese has done it too.

From 80's through 90's
We have made lots of headlines throughout the US and the world.

We have bought Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Prada....

and plenty of shame along with it!!

We've gone to the 5th Ave on a tourist bus full,

bought the entire store full of expensive bags you would have never bought otherwise,
hang a humongous camera around the neck,
and took group pictures everywhere and anywhere with piece signs all over.

I'm sorry!!!!!


But, you know what?

Those who embarrassed us would go home and tell others and spread their own stories.

and tell new comers as though they've always lived in NY.


"the New Yorkers were dressed like this..."

"You drink coffee in the morning in US..."
"New Yorkers wouldn't do that!!!"

and then hopefully spread to others that spitting in the public is considered rude.

or that Hotel amenities you get to take home does not include the pillows.

you also do not get to take the paintings or the lamps home.


So, it's actually a good thing that they left their comfort and saw the world.

I know the mass number scares you,
but in 10 years it will pay off.


Sometimes, you just don't know unless you see it with your own eyes.
If you stay in your hometown only, you would become Jeff Sessions.

If he ever visited Hawaii, I'm sure he would have never said anything like that.

That it's just an island in Pacific???

Come on Jeff!

It's not just an island, it's HAWAII!!!

Oahu alone has 4 times more population then Birmingham city.

Everyone wants to honeymoon there,  Not Birmingham Alabama...
It has year around warm weather!!
It has pineapple!  papaya! mango! macadamia nuts!!!!

Your Islamic phobia would be cured in NY too.

A bunch of my daughters classmates are Muslims.
These are good smart kids. 
They are friends.

Sure, birthday parties are challenging, 

but pretty much everyone is ok with no meat pizza and a cake!

my daughter has learned that marshmallows contain pork!

it's actually in the gelatin, but I may have never thought about it unless they pointed out.

So,  go!

Travel!  
See the world!  

Jeff! you too!  before you become a real dinosaur!  







No comments:

Post a Comment